Lab Class Description
Quickly Increase the Professionalism of Your Jewelry Design Presentations
Through this hands-on, practical class, you will learn basic design techniques that will help you translate ideas into reality and to effectively communicate these designs to bench jewelers, colleagues and customers. Your instructor will guide you on how to make realistic design presentations using colored pencil, stencils and additional equipment. You will be provided with a basic design kit which is yours to keep.
- Jewelry design theory and artistry
- How to illustrate shape, form, texture of metal and different types of setting
- Fundamental drafting techniques, including how to use drafting tools and lay out faceted gems
- How to render faceted gems, cabochon gems, pearls, colored metals
- Developing motifs to create sketches of jewelry objects
- How to lay out and render rings in elliptical view
- Creating a presentation to potential clients and employers
SCHEDULE DETAILSThis class is offered from 6:45 to 9:45 p.m. on Monday, Tuesdays and Thursdays and is taught in Cantonese.
What You Earn
- Letter of Completion