An applicant wishing to enroll in an On Campus program taught in English must demonstrate English proficiency by meeting one of these requirements.
- TOEFL® (Test of English as a Foreign Language)* - Achieve a minimum score of 61 on the Internet-based next generation TOEFL or 500 on the paper-based TOEFL test. The Institutional TOEFL (ITP) test does not meet GIA’s requirements.
- IELTS™ (International Language Testing System)* - Achieve a minimum score of 6.0 on the Academic IELTS test.
- iTEP (International Test of English Proficiency)* - Achieve iTEP Level 4 or higher on the iTEP Academic-Plus test.
- PTE (Pearson Test of English)* - Achieve a minimum score of 43 on the PTE Academic test.
- Cambridge English Exams - Earn an overall Cambridge English Scale score of 173 or higher on the First (FCE), Advanced (CAE) or Proficienc (CPE)
- ELS Language Centers - Successfully complete the level 109 or higher course. Submit your official ELS academic record to GIA; certificates are not accepted. Please request your ELS academic record from the Academic Director of the ELS campus you attended.
- English as the medium of instruction:
- If you graduated from a school in a country where English is the official language: Submit documentation of your graduation as explained under admission requirements, under point 2.
- If you graduated from a school in a country where English is not the official language: Submit a letter specifying English was the medium of instruction. This letter must be on the school’s letterhead, signed and dated by the dean, director or headmaster, stating years of study, diploma or degree earned.
- If you attended, but did not graduate, you must have a combined total of at least three years of English medium instruction and documentation evidencing that you have successfully completed a minimum of three years at a school where English was the medium of instruction. Submitted documentation must be on the school’s letterhead, signed and dated by the dean, director, or headmaster, stating years of study, diploma or degree earned.
*TOEFL®, IELTS™, iTEP and PTE academic scores are valid for two years from the date of the examination