Applicants whose citizenship or proof of graduation is from a country where English is the official language* are exempt from this requirement. All others must provide documentation for ONE of the following.
Completed at least 3 years of study in secondary or post- secondary education with English as the medium of instruction.
- Provide a letter on the school's letterhead that states how many years you studied and that English was the medium of instruction.
- The letter must be signed and dated by the school's dean, director, or headmaster.
Met the minimum requirement on an approved English- language proficiency exam. Applicants who are required to take an English-language proficiency exam must meet the minimum requirement for ONE of these approved exams or courses.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language** (TOEFL®) – Overall band score of 8 on TOEFL Essentials™ or 61 on TOEFL iBT® or 500 on paper-based TOEFL; The Institutional TOEFL (ITP) test is not accepted.
- International English Language Testing System** (IELTS™) – Overall band score of 6.0 on IELTS Academic
- International Test of English Proficiency** (iTEP) – Level 4 on iTEP Academic- Plus
- Pearson Test of English** (PTE) – 50 or higher on PTE Academic
- Cambridge English Exams – Overall Cambridge English Scale score of 173 on B2 First, C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency
- ELS Language Centers – Successfully complete a level 109 or higher course; request your official academic record from the campus you attended and submit to GIA; certificates are not accepted.
- Duolingo English Test – Score of 105 or higher
* English-language Countries. Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, Cameroon, Canada (except Quebec), Cayman Islands, Denmark, Dominica, Fiji, Finland, Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Malta, Mauritius, Montserrat, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Scotland, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Swaziland, Sweden, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Uganda, United Kingdom, Vanuatu, Virgin Islands, Wales, Zambia, Zimbabwe (Field Listing - Languages, The World Factbook. Central Intelligence Agency)
**TOEFL®, IELTS™, iTEP and PTE academic scores are valid for two years from the date of the examination.